Translate

Friday, 28 August 2015

Victorian Houses so far!-August15

Unfortunately I didn't work at all on this one. First I had gall bladder surgery. I also had other things to stitch on.
Then I realised I had to have a magnified photocopy of my pattern otherwise I cannot see what I stitch.
Another problem is that the kit says I should stitch with three threads which is strange as the fabric is small count. I stitched only the central line to see where I will be starting and I decided I won't continue with three threads but will go to two.

8 comments:

  1. A start is a start is a start in my book, Ariadne. I hope that your surgery went well - I was given the all clear, so no gall bladder op for me, after all! Yay! Take care of yourself, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you don't have to undergo the same!That's great news!And yes a start is a start!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand that you don't want to continue stitching this beautiful project with three threads. I was doing that once because it was on a RR and the owner asked for three threads, but after that experience I decided not to do it again, lol. I am sure this lovely project will look great stitched with two threads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I typically use two strands also. Mill Hill always calls for three strands and I always only use two and I think the finished projects look fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With such small count I will do it in two threads I just wonder now if I should frog it or not.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're recovered from your surgery :o)
    Great start.... always follow your gut about these things otherwise you won't enjoy the journey! Three threads does sound rather excessive!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete